Most of all Kuchinsky Anniversary breed of chickens is common in the countries of the former USSR. These birds have a good immune system, can adapt to different climatic conditions, and they are not expensive, compared to overseas breeds. Details on the advantages and features of the form can be found in this article.
Breed description Kuchinsky Anniversary
Work on breeding Kuchinskaya anniversary breed began in the 20s of the XX century. But only by 1990 the final result was obtained. The reason for staying long-term work was that the breeders wanted to get the perfect representative of meat and egg direction. For breeding used many foreign breeds and several local, Russian.
Externally, the breed is not very remarkable, although there are some features unique to it. But for a start it is worth noting that males and females are very different, in any case, already adult individuals, which facilitates the work with the bird.
Exterior of the Kuchinsky anniversary breed of chickens
- Roosters inherited color from the Rhode Island breed. They have a bright orange-brown plumage, black tail braids, on the neck or closer to the sternum there may be golden-red feathers, like a necklace. In this case, all the feathers are very shiny, as if waxed.
- The color of the Kuchinsky jubilee breed chickens is somewhat simpler - red or light brown, the transition from sandy to brownish is possible. On a small tail, black feathers, like those of roosters, but not shiny.
- Chicks can be distinguished by gender on the first day of color. Males have a light orange color, and females are darker - light brown.
- An important feature is that females have a large amount of fluff, which males are practically devoid of. Therefore, chickens rarely freeze in winter.
- Roosters have a triangular shape of the body, while chickens are more trapezoidal. Thorax and abdomen in both sexes are wide and well developed. The chest is proudly sticking forward.
- Paws and thighs of males and females are powerful, well developed, if desired, the bird can be very agile and fast.
- The wings of the breed are small and always tightly pressed to the body.
- The head of cocks and hens is medium-sized, oval. Ear lobes are bright. Earrings developed them clearly visible.
- The crest of cocks is red, large, with developed teeth. In females, it is small, pinkish-red.
What is the nature and productivity of the bird?Read also these articles.
- Variety of cabbage Blizzard
- Eggplant seedling pick
- The best varieties of repair raspberries
- Perennial asters
The nature of the breed inherited from numerous ancestors. It is an active bird, it loves movement, so it can be very noisy in a chicken coop or on a walk. Chickens and roosters are curious, they need constant movement, do not tolerate closed spaces. At the same time, roosters keep order in the hen house and in the aviary. Their indignation is expressed in aggression, so you need to be careful with them.
During the season one chicken can grow 2 offspring
Kuchinsky anniversary breed of chickens has a high productivity:
- The weight of an adult rooster is 3.5-4.4 kg, chicken - 3 kg. Nestlings grow quickly, by the month they have a weight of 600-800 grams.
- Juveniles begin to give eggs from about 5-5.5 months. Of course, the first eggs of the bird are small, it is normal for any breed.
- For the year, each chicken gives 180-200 eggs weighing 60-65 grams. The shell is light brown, very dense.
- Maternal instinct in birds is present. They hatch eggs, and then with trepidation care of posterity. From the breeder requires only food and basic care of the chicken coop, so that the chicks were comfortable. Moreover, chickens can raise and raise not only their own chicks, but also other people.
- Birds breed quickly. During the season, one chicken can grow 2 offspring, while this will not affect its health, strength or well-being. The survival rate of young stock is 95%, as in adults.
How to feed adult chickens and chickens?
Feeding the Kuchinsky Jubilee Breed of Chickens
The chickens of the Kuchinsky Jubilee breed should be fed every 2 hours, with a break of 6-7 hours of sleep, during the first week, then feeding is reduced so that by the month the daily rate is divided only by 4 doses. For ease of feeding, you can install the feeder and just pour the chalked grain there. From about 4 months youngsters are transferred to a normal diet. Prior to this, the diet should be nutritious, fortified, with a high protein content: crushed grain, mixed feed of the "Start" type, cottage cheese, boiled egg, yogurt, chopped greens. Drinking bowls are installed in such a way that they cannot be turned over, since at first the chicks absolutely cannot get wet.
Adults need to be fed 3 times a day in winter, and in summer, instead of day feeding, they should be let out to graze so that they run and lose weight. If desired, on the street they will find something to feast on. After the birds have eaten, the feeder must be removed and cleaned so that the birds do not continue to eat - the breed is prone to obesity. The diet consists of the following products: vegetables, herbs, grains, chalk, shells, premix.
It is important to note that overfeeding and unhealthy diet can affect the reproductive function of chickens and cocks of the Kuchinsky jubilee breed. Females may start to give eggs later, and the quality of the product obtained from them will be low, so the balance of the diet must be observed.
Rules for the care of Kuchinsky Anniversary breed of chickensWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Growing green onions
- Variety of tomato Nobleman
- Tomato Pink Giant
- The best meat breeds of pigs
Coop for Kuchinsky anniversary breed of chickens
Kuchinsky breed of chickens does not have great difficulties in the care, but there are features that will have to be considered.
- Keep the breed can only be free, in a chicken coop with an aviary. In the cages the bird will not survive, and the good from it there will be little. Restraint of liberty greatly affects productivity.
- In winter, the temperature in the house should not fall below 0 degrees. Save heat will help not only heating the room, but also bedding. At the beginning of winter, it is spread in a thick layer and does not change until spring. Overheating of excrement is an additional source of heat in the room.
- The activity of the bird causes the construction of a spacious enclosure, but a high fence is not required, as the bird flies very poorly.
- Cleaning is carried out regularly, especially in chicks. Immediately after feeding, you need to clean the feeders, wash them thoroughly and dry. The litter changes as it becomes polluted, it is important to monitor the state of other objects: perches, windows, nests and the like - everything should be clean.