Growing a tomato is associated with certain procedures that allow you to get a greater yield, to achieve rapid growth of the plant or its survival under extreme conditions. Sowing tomatoes in the greenhouse is just one of these procedures. What is it, when and how to properly conduct will be described below in the article.
Why tomatoes putikovat?
Pacenyki - lateral processes of a plant that grow from the leaf bosom. They need food as much as leaves, flowers or fruits, but there is no use, they just make the bush more magnificent. That is why it is customary to remove them, and the process of plucking or cutting them is called the pinching.
Masking increases yields
If you neglect the procedure, the harvest can be poor, painful. There have been cases when lush bushes in general did not give fruit. With the timely removal of stepsons gardener:
- prolongs the fruitful period of tomatoes in the greenhouse to six months;
- increases yield;
- improves the quality of the fruit;
- reduces the ripening period of the crop.
What tomatoes require paschankovaya?Read also these articles.
- Variety of onions Hercules
- Quail food
- Flower Drimiopsis
- The best varieties of eggplant for greenhouses
Tomatoes are grown in the greenhouse of almost all varieties, regardless of where they are grown. The exception is the standard types. Standard or undersized tomatoes, if they are not stepson, all the forces spend on the development of ovaries and fruits and do not grow up.
Varieties that do not require staking
Although, if a gardener needs a strong plant that will give fruit 2 weeks earlier, after the first 4-5 ovaries are formed with flowers, you can stick the stem tomatoes. In this case, all leaves and stepchildren growing below the first inflorescence are removed. It is mandatory to pinch a stem plant when pinching a stem plant, leaving only a few upper leaves.
There are also varieties that are not stepchildren. Among them are in great demand: "White filling", "Watermelon", "Yamal", "Alaska", "Gavrosh". They grow quickly, without problems, even with minimal care. Additional work is carried out only when it is necessary to accelerate the period of receipt of the harvest.
How to pinch tomatoes in the greenhouse?
Newcomers to the garden business may not know what a stepchild is and how it looks, so the procedure itself seems incredibly difficult for them. But it's pretty simple. Outwardly, the stepson looks like a leaf. After a leaf appears from a certain point of the stem, a stepson grows out of its bosom. In fact, both the leaf and the stepchild grow from one point, they are only arranged in a certain order - a leaf at the bottom, and above it is the same germ that must be broken.
Sowing of tomatoes in the greenhouse is carried out in the morning. The microclimate inside must be dry and warm
The grazing of tomatoes in the greenhouse is carried out in the morning, while it is well ventilated, there is natural light, the plant is just awakening. The microclimate inside should be dry, warm. Cold can negatively affect the "wound" of a plant just like high humidity.
The procedure is best done by hand. Any tool can lead to infection or deformation of the bush. But from clean hands, or rather gloves, harm will not be. In order to disinfect the gloves, manganese is diluted in a separate container, where they rinse after the removal of each process.
The technology is quite simple; even a beginner can do it. Stepsy is wrapped with two fingers and just pinch off or breaks off. At the same time, it is important to leave a small process up to 3 cm so that a new one does not form at the place of the germ.
The first stepchildren appear on the seedlings. Before planting the culture in the soil is the first pasynkovanie. Then, after planting in the greenhouse, the procedure is repeated, but not earlier than after 9 days. Subsequent procedures are carried out in 7-8 days, not more often, otherwise the plant will begin to experience stress, which will undoubtedly affect its yield. Do not stop the procedure and after the appearance of the first tomatoes.
How do bushes form?We recommend reading our other articles.
- How to grow cabbage seedlings from seeds at home
- Tsukesha Squash
- Raspberry variety Glen Ampl
- Jam from apples for the winter
When grazing tomatoes in a greenhouse, a shrub is simultaneously formed. The technique used here affects the shape of the future plant.
- Formation in one stalk is very popular for use in greenhouses. Allows you to avoid thickening of the culture, provides normal illumination and ventilation. In this case, the processes are removed under the inflorescence, and the lower leaves are also removed. There is no more sense from them, they have completed their task.
- Formation in two stalks. Left alone, the strongest son, located under the first blooming brush. Growing lower shoots, leaves, stepchildren are removed. Paceniks, which will then appear, are also removed.
- Formation in 3 stalks is similar to the previous version, but in this case all stepchildren except two are removed. The first of them is located under the lower inflorescence, and the second above the first stepchild.
What experts advise?
It is not difficult to carry out the right strawling of a tomato in a greenhouse, if you know what it is and what the procedure technology is. Below are tips from experienced gardeners on how to make stading more effective.
- It is possible to start carrying out the staving when the first stepson is formed above the leaf. It is cut off, overcame and on other bushes, perhaps there they have already appeared.
- The more stepsons, the more nutrients it takes from the culture, so they are still removed small.
- If the stepson has grown back more than 5 cm, it will be difficult to tear him off, he may break off with a leaf, which will cause harm to the plant. Therefore, it is either left or very carefully cut with shears.
- After strawberry harvesting, the sprouts can be thrown into compost or put under the sprouts of tomatoes. During their decomposition, carbon dioxide useful for the culture is released.