The varieties of yellow tomatoes differ from their red counterparts not only in color, but also in a set of useful substances in the composition. It is necessary to cultivate a crop almost the same way as the red varieties that are familiar to everyone, but in choosing a variety you should be vigilant. There are a lot of yellow species, there are large and small, like cherry, fruitful, sweetish, for canning or fresh consumption. The varieties in different categories are described below to make it easier for gardeners to decide.
What are the pros and cons of yellow tomatoes?
The main advantage of yellow tomatoes - they can be consumed without harm to the health of people who are allergic to red varieties. This is one of the many reasons for the popularity of the species. This vegetable is consumed by all, without exception, even small children, prone to allergies, people on diets, people with diabetes, and so on.
Due to the high content of nutrients in the composition, the vegetable cleanses the body, rejuvenates it, improves the blood, reduces the risk of cancer. The taste of yellow varieties of tomatoes is usually much sweeter than the red ones.
What are the most fruitful varieties?Read also these articles.
- Watermelon variety Astrakhan
- How to plant onion sets in the spring
- Recipes for crispy salted cucumbers
- Broilers Cobb 500
The most productive varieties of yellow tomatoes
Crop varieties are in great demand. Taste and pleasant appearance is good, but the vegetable is grown primarily to harvest, not to admire it.
- "Golden domes" - yield 15 kg / m. sq. The fruits are round, slightly elongated, like church domes weighing 400 g each, of a pleasant, delicate taste. The disadvantage is the short shelf life, inability to transport. It is consumed fresh or it is started on juice.
- "Golden anniversary F1" brings up to 15 kg of crop per square meter. It is grown only in greenhouses. It grows up to 150 cm. The fruits are four-chamber, fleshy, juicy, weighing 150-350 g. Immunity is weak, which is its main drawback.
- "Golden Koenigsberg" has a rich yellow-orange color. Fruit shape oval, elongated with a sharp nose. 4-5 kg of fruits weighing 250-400 g are collected from each bush. When grown in a greenhouse, the yield is higher. Used for making salads.
The best varieties of large yellow tomatoes
Varieties of yellow tomatoes, giving great fruit are different fleshy, juiciness. The shape of the vegetable varies depending on the type, but the taste is almost always excellent, if you follow the correct technology of cultivation. Of course, the plants of these varieties need a garter, since heavy fruits can literally cut branches.
The best varieties of large yellow tomatoes
- "Lemon Giant" - the large-fruited grade giving tomatoes on 900 g! This is both a virtue and a lack of a form, because under such a weight, branches sometimes break. Color bright yellow lemon. The ripening period is 120 days. Fruits are rounded at the bottom and a little flattened above. The flesh is fleshy, but there is little juice in it. From the bush usually collect 5 kg of fruit.
- "Yellow Giant" will give birth to fruits weighing 700 g. Therefore, the support and garter should be good, reliable. Rounded, flattened, bright yellow. The vegetative period of a plant is 105 days, height is up to 150 cm.
- Honey Spas has an average fetus size of 500 g. The ripening period is 115 days. The plant grows up to 150 cm, not more. Suitable for growing in greenhouses and in open field. The color of the rind is honey, from where the name comes. Recommended for use with gastrointestinal problems.
- "Persimmon" as the name implies, a bit like fruit, but only in shape and color. Fruit weight 300 g, yield up to 4-5 kg per plant. The height of the bush is up to a meter, the ripening period is 115-120 days. It is consumed fresh, but cooks note that it is better to make tomato juice from this type, which is even too tasty!
- "Orange" - ripens in 110 days. It has large, almost round fruits weighing 200-300 grams, orange color. The plant is tall, reaches 150 cm, needs to be putty and garter, grown in closed and open ground. Recommended for baby food, eat better fresh.
Yellow cherry varieties?We recommend reading our other articles.
- What to feed the sheep?
- How to feed garlic in the spring?
- Breed Barbezie
- The best meat breeds of ducks with a description and photo
Cherry tomatoes are loved by everyone. They are small, convenient for transportation, have a pleasant, rich taste. Yellow cherry varieties are also useful, as well as simple yellow tomatoes, only a small vegetable is more popular with children, it is also used for canning, preparing interesting dishes.
Yellow Cherry Varieties
- "Yellow Cherry" - early ripening variety ripens in 92-96 days. 1-3 kg of fruits are collected from each bush. The plant is tall, at least 150 cm, but more often taller, so the supports must be tall, need to be shaped. Designed for growing in open ground. Fruits are similar to cream, yellow to 20 g. On each brush, on average, 20-40 fruits.
- "Honey drop" grows up to 2 meters, is grown in greenhouses or in the open field, needs a garter, but not a stepson. Tomatoes grow with brushes, on a branch of 12 pieces or slightly less. The weight of one fruit is 15 g. The color is light yellow, the taste is pleasant, the shape of the fruit is drop-shaped.
- "Golden bunch" - early ripe tomatoes, ripen in 85 days. Plant up to 1 meter, the fruits are collected in clusters. It is grown everywhere, even on the balcony the plant will bear fruit. Tomatoes up to 20 grams, yellow, almost round.
- "Yellow date" - A plant with a small amount of leaves. Bush height - 1.5 meters. Tomatoes grow with a brush, the weight of each fruit is within 20 g. The shape and taste strongly resemble a date. Transportable, even after a long carriage has a presentation.
Also popular are the yellow varieties of cherry tomatoes: Yellow Mimi, Golden Bead, Thorny Ildi, De Barao Yellow, Golden Rain, Melon Slice, Sunny Bunny.
What varieties are recommended for salting and canning?
The best types of yellow tomatoes for salting are the cherry varieties described above. They are small in size, fit in any jar, do not crack during processing and do not lose taste in the course of storage. But besides them, there are several types of larger tomatoes, which are usually canned. Their taste and color are only improved in the bank!
- "Farmhouse pickling" - tall variety with a growing season of 120-130 days. Grown in greenhouses. Formed in one stem, stepson. Fruits are rounded to 100 grams, yellow, pleasant taste, can be stored for up to 3-5 months. When salting or canning do not crack. Productivity from a bush of 3,5-4,5 kg.
- "Zero" differs in the increased content of vitamins and other useful substances. Even after heat treatment, most of them will remain. Fruit weight up to 160 grams. A small, rounded vegetable is ideal for canning.
For pickling also suitable varieties of yellow tomatoes: "Amber Cup", "Peach", "Yellow Ball".