Onion Hercules - very popular among gardeners. Onions - an indispensable product that is used in cooking daily. There are many varieties of onions, some are sweet, others are sharp, they also differ in color, bulb size, shape, ripening period and type of cultivation. This article will describe the variety of onions Hercules, its features, advantages and disadvantages.
Description varieties onion Hercules
Dutch onion Hercules is a medium early hybrid ripening in 70-80 days. The plant grows to 35 in height. The root system is powerful, so the bow develops faster and better. Due to the simplicity of cultivation, it is suitable for young and experienced gardeners.
The bulbs are large, weighing 120-160 g. The shape is an elongated oval. The upper husk is dense, golden yellow. The flesh is white, juicy. The taste is sweetish with sharpness, not bitter, there is a pleasant aftertaste.
Characteristics of onions Hercules F1Read also these articles.
- Goats breed Lamancha
- Radish Duro
- How to store onions in the winter
- Description of potato diseases and their treatment
Hercules is considered one of the best hybrids and, of course, is not inferior even to popular varieties. What are his qualities?
- There is resistance to short-term drought and short-term cooling.
- There is immunity to many fungal diseases, infections. Rarely affected by pests.
- Productivity from square meter to 8 kg.
- The crop is deadly and at the same time retains its nutritional value until the end of the storage period.
- The taste is excellent, it can be used for a wide variety of dishes.
- This is a healthy variety with a high content of vitamins and minerals.
- Seeds collected from a grown plant will not yield a harvest, because it is a hybrid.
- The price is higher than many other varieties.
Photo onions Hercules
Planting onions Hercules
Like any other variety, the onion Hercules F1 needs proper planting and care. A place for landing is chosen sunny, and the landing itself is carried out in the spring, when the air temperature rises to 10 degrees - April or May. Although sometimes Hercules is planted in the fall, in the winter. It is believed that the resulting harvest will be stored for a long time, and the plant will not let the arrow. But in the fall, you can plant only the smallest onions and you must mulch the garden on top!
For onions, loose earth is vital, otherwise the turnip simply will not develop and will remain shallow or will be clumsy. Therefore, a week before sowing the land becomes more acceptable for cultivation. At 2-3 square meters. a meter is needed for a bucket of sand and humus - this will be more than enough for the earth to become loose, if the landing is carried out in loam. In the sandy soil per square meter make a bucket of humus, the same amount of peat and 2 buckets of clay soil. After the soil is balanced, it is recommended to loosen and cover with a film for 5-7 days prior to planting so that it warms up.Important! An undesirable neighbor of onions in the garden will be peas or beans. At the same time, planting onions after legumes is even possible. Tomatoes and potatoes are also considered to be good predecessors.
Usually they plant a small crop of up to 2.5 cm in size. Sometimes a nest is taken, but then cultivating a variety will take 2 times longer. For 4 days, sevok heated by the battery. Rows for planting properly moistened before planting. Plant sevok at a distance of 10 cm from each other. Deepening is carried out on 3-5 cm. About 20 cm of free space is left between the rows.
Planting onions Hercules in open ground
Planting careWe recommend reading our other articles.
- The best bull meat breeds
- Hyacinth flower
- Canned fish in autoclave
- Growing dill in a greenhouse in winter
In the care of the bow Hercules is unpretentious.
- The bed where the onion is planted should not look deserted - the earth is regularly (2 times a week) moistened so that it does not dry out and loosen, so that the bulb in the ground can develop! By mid-July, watering is stopped so that the bulb can ripen in the ground.
- Weeds are harvested as they appear, so that they do not pull nutrients from the ground and cause diseases.
- To reduce the number of weeds, as well as less often water the onions, you can mulch planting straw or sawdust.
- Top dressing for the entire season are held up to 3 times. For this, it is recommended to use a solution of urea and potassium humate. If you wish, you can make feeding from other components. So, in the phase of two leaves it would be appropriate to feed them with a tablespoon of chicken manure, the same amount of wood ash, 30 g of superphosphate per 10 liters of water.
- Onion Hercules is notable for resistance to diseases, but in order to reduce the slightest risks, it is advisable to spray the culture with any complex folk recipe twice a year. A carrot planted between the rows will save the planting from the onion fly. In addition, gardeners recommend to pour a little salt under the onion - it drives away the onion fly.
Harvesting and storage
Harvesting onions of the Hercules variety begins when a large part of the haulm starts to fall, usually this time is in the middle or end of summer. With this procedure, it is not necessary to tighten, because the turnip may start to deteriorate in the ground or will be stored worse. After the onion is dug, it is laid out to dry, and then prepared for storage. Some gardeners are tied up in bunches and braids, others are put in baskets or boxes, you can also mesh or sacks, if desired. The main thing is to sort out all the bulbs, separate the painful, damaged ones, and sort the harvest by size.
Store onions Hercules F1 in a cool room (about +15 degrees) with low humidity. If it is damp, cold or hot onions can start to rot.
Photo cleaning onions Hercules
Reviews of onions grade Hercules
Opinion of gardeners who have already grown a variety of onions Hercules, gives a general idea of it and allows you to finally make the right choice.
- Marina Parkhomenko: “For the first time last year, the Hercules F1 hybrid grew. It grew quickly, there was a lot of greenery. Approximately in the middle of summer the tops were killed and I reaped the crop. The loss during storage was up to 10%. I liked the onion very much - despite the fact that care was minimal , the harvest is big. "
- Andrey Zlotnikov: "I grow onion Hercules sevok in the apartment, to get young greens, not turnips. I plant onions at a distance of 2 cm from each other, and water abundantly from time to time. I collect fresh, juicy, very tasty greens throughout the year!".
- Valery Chernov: "Onion Hercules is for those who want to harvest an early, good harvest. New varieties, old hybrids are not as reliable as this. It gives 100% yield if the land is suitable, anyway, so I have. I plant in loose soil, I water in time and I bring 1-2 top dressings for a season. It is not ill, it is well stored ".