The pear variety Northerner was obtained at the All-Russian Research Institute of Genetics and Breeding of Fruit Plants. I.V. Michurin. For the creation of this species, the varieties Favorite Klapp and Koprechka No. 12 were crossed. And although this variety was previously very common, today it has been supplanted by more productive types of pear. Pear growers Northerner mainly in the central and remote, northern regions of Russia.
Description of pear varieties Severyanka
Flowers white, gathered in inflorescences of 4-6 pieces
Northerner pear is an early summer plant. The tree is average in height, up to 6 m maximum. The crown is wide, in the shape of a pyramid, not very thick. The branches are located almost at right angles. The bark of the matured pagons is gray, and the young bark is light green. Leaflets simple, rounded shape, with a pointed tip. The scape is short and green. Flowers of white color, collected in inflorescences of 4-6 pieces.Important! Kennels are practically not engaged in breeding this variety. At the same time, Severianka Krasnoshchekaya is often used for breeding new pear varieties.
Pear fruit Northerner - medium in size, not one-dimensional, 85-120g, truncated-conical shape. The color with consumer maturity is yellow, with a green tint, but there is a red blush, which is why the second name of the variety - Severyanka Red-cheeked - went. The skin is always matte, without gloss. The flesh is creamy, crunchy, with a high content of juice, tender. The taste is sweet and slightly sour, there is no astringency. The aroma is barely distinguishable. In pears of this variety up to 11.8% sugars, 0.38% acids.
Color at consumer maturity is yellow with green tint, but there is a red blush
Advantages of pears NorthernerRead also these articles.
- Carrot variety Shantane
- Varieties of winter wheat
- Planting cucumbers in open ground
- Description cucumber varieties Adam F1
Pear variety Severyanka is known to farmers as a productive variety with a lot of positive qualities.
- Fruits ripen early.
- The trees are small, which facilitates the care and harvest.
- The beginning of fruiting is observed from 3-4 years after planting.
- Productivity is high. For the 7th year of life, a tree brings up to 20 kg of fruit, a 10-year-old tree can produce up to 60 kg of pears a year, and in particularly productive years about 110 kg of delicious pears are harvested from a tree.
- Winter hardiness is very high. Frosts in -40 degrees tree makes no problems. During the cold winter, the crown may freeze slightly, but the root system survives even at -45 degrees frosts!
Frosts in -40 degrees tree makes no problems
- Drought resistance is average.
- The tree is practically not affected by scab.
- There is resistance to pests such as pear mites or moths.
Lack of variety
The negative side when growing pears Severyanka also exist. So that they do not become an unpleasant surprise for the gardener, you need to familiarize yourself with them before planting the crop.
- The fruits are small with a simple taste, without raisins, but sweet.
- Late frosts can freeze the leaves.
- After full ripening, the fruits fall off the tree in about 3-5 days.
Features of growingWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Radish Cherryriet F1
- Watermelon Caristan F1
- Better feed peach
- What are the cells for quail and how to make it yourself
It is easiest to purchase seedlings of pear varieties Northerner from private farmers, because kennels are not particularly engaged in breeding it. Planting pear Northenian Red-cheeked stands on a sunny plot. Groundwater in the area with this variety should be located as low as possible, because the root system does not tolerate marshiness. It is also desirable that next to a sapling there is natural protection from drafts and wind.Important! For planting is best to take two-year seedlings of culture. They quickly take root, tolerate frost normally and already have a fairly strong, developed immune system.
For planting is best to take a two-year seedlings of culture
Land suitable loamy or sandy. Before planting, an earthen mixture is made: 2-3 buckets of earth, 2 buckets of humus, 200 g of potassium salt, 800 g of superphosphate. Planting time - April or the beginning of autumn - September-October.
The pit for planting is 80 cm wide and 1 meter deep. At the bottom, a drainage layer of 20 cm is created and a garter peg is installed. The roots of the seedling should be dipped in a clay mash. It is advisable to shorten all long branches, and to cut the damaged ones completely. A pit is made of prepared soil in the pit, a seedling is placed on it, the roots are laid out. Now you can start to fill the tree from all sides with soil.Important! The root neck of a tree must not be buried. It should be 3-5 cm above ground level.
After planting, you need to water the tree at the root, but so that water does not fall on the root neck. If the earth settles after watering, you need to fill it. Then you need to tie a tree to a peg. When it takes root and starts growing, the peg can be removed from the ground.
How to care for pear
It is not difficult to care for the Northerner variety even for young inexperienced gardeners.
- Watering is carried out 2-3 times a month. 1-3 pails of water or more are brought under the tree, so that the ground is well soaked with water. It should be borne in mind that the pear Northenka Red-cheeked can endure a short-term drought. But it is desirable not to aggravate the situation. If the tree has not been watered for a long time, it begins to reduce yields, young twigs can die, and the disease resistance decreases.
From time to time you need to loosen the stalk zone.
- From time to time you need to loosen the bore zone. All weeds must be removed. If possible, the ground at the barrel mulch. As mulch is best to use peat or humus.
- Wood pruning is imperative. The first 3-5 years form the crown of pear Northenika, so that it is neat, beautiful. Then sanitary pruning is carried out for the most part. It is necessary to cut off at least once a year all damaged, dry, twisted pagons.
- Once a season it is important to feed the tree with minerals (preferably in spring). In the autumn, before hibernation, humus is introduced into the near-trunk circle for digging.
Harvesting and processing
Harvesting pear varieties Severyanka can begin with the end of the first decade of August. Harvest can be stored up to 2 weeks. Then the flesh of the pears becomes loose and acquires a brown tint. To increase the shelf life of fruits up to 2 months, it is necessary to harvest during technical maturity. It is best to keep such pears in the refrigerator, because they are bad in the cellar or in the basement, storeroom.
Severyanka pear is perfect for preservation, but it is not suitable for freezing.Interesting! Northerner pear does not lose its taste in jam, jam, jam, but if you freeze it, the taste of thawed fruit may seem watery. So for freezing this type is rarely used.
Harvest can be used in different ways. Harvest can be used for sale or personal needs. Pears are suitable for canning, drying, cooking desserts or home baking.
Reviews on the variety of pears Severyanka
The opinion of gardeners about pear seed Severyanka can be found in the reviews that are presented below.
- Natalya Smirnova: "In my garden, Northenka pear has been growing for many years. The tree gives birth annually, the crops are quite good, there is more than enough food and preservation. My family especially likes this jam and jam pieces. In compotes, as for me, the taste is lost, but the frozen fruits are really tasteless. Very tasty is the pastry and fresh desserts made from pears of this sort. "
- Alexey Goryushin: "Krasnoyarshaya Northenka pear is today considered an obsolete variety, but as for me it is very good and takes pride of place in my garden. I grow it more than 10 years. The tree is already large, I care for it every year. Mostly the culture needs abundant watering. If it doesn’t have to be watered for a long time;
- Valeria Chernaya: "Northerner pleases with always big yields and taste of fruits. In the past few years, new, modern varieties have appeared on the site, but we don’t dare to cut Northerner. So I recommend Northerner to everyone. This variety is proven and known to many, its characteristics are verified not by one generation gardeners, and young varieties, unfortunately this can not boast. "